Monday, April 11, 2011

Oranges & Lemons

The first rose to bloom this spring and a new one for me.  It is aptly called Oranges & Lemons and I love it.  It is not heavily scented, but it does smell good like a rose should!  Hope it keeps blooming like it has....even in the heat of Arizona.  The blooms last for several days after cut and I like that.  This spring I treated myself to buying roses at a wonderful nursery in Phoenix...Bakers.  If you live here, you know what I'm talking about.  On my visit in February it was like a glimpse of heaven.  The problem was, I wanted one of each, but I came home with a Baker's dozen.  Glad the back seat of the car folds down.

Now, back to the pie in the first post.  It was absolutely delicious!  I am fortunate enough to have a lemon tree at the edge of my patio and used just one for the pie.  Here is the recipe.  Hope you will try it.  It was a nice change from the usual lemon meringue pie and has a very intense lemon flavor.



Guess that concludes my citrus connection for today.  Will post more pictures of the rest of the roses as they bloom.  Hope you have a beautiful spring day wherever you are.

Mary Frances

No comments:

Post a Comment